Life tends to get in the way of plans...
Since I last blogged the following things have happened:
- I've completed the remaining 162 (+) drawings of Moueskin
- I took an 11,120 mile Great American Road around the U.S. with my husband
- We spent five days on the Navajo Reservation near Winslow, AZ delivering food and gifts to the Navajo elders with Adopt-A-Native-Elder
- I've created a journal with drawings of our 52-day road trip
- I've worked for about 2 weeks in the Admissions office at my old school earning extra money
- I've created three picture puzzles from Mousekin drawings
- I've created three sets of notecards based on my Mousekin drawings (and sold quite a few sets)
- I've set up an on-line store (MousekinMarket.com) to sell my puzzles & notecards
- I've made good progress in funding and producing a Centennial Journal for Camp Glen Gray and helping to plan the weekend-long event
- I've gotten about 2,000 children's drawings of their favorite movies contributed from school children and posted around town for the Montclair Film Festival
- I've had open-heart surgery and done 19 cardio-rehab sessions
- I've made a poster and walked in The People's Climate March in Washington, D.C.
SO, my drawing skills have improved significantly, but my publishing skills have been rusting. My discussion at the Film Festival has reminded me of the need to focus. SO here I am back on line to share the continuing story of On The Laundry Lawn, my embryonic children's book.
Although I have a lot of commitments in the next two months, I will blog each week, and I will get back to an organized writing/drawing schedule and space. How?
- Watch Less TV
- Spend less time reading and more time writing
- Organize STUFF so I don't waste so much time looking for things
- Start some serious de-cluttering
If you want to encourage me, please post a comment. I will be looking for responses. I didn't meet all my goals for last year, but I DID draw my 366 mice and a few extra as well. If you want to see them you can find the 366 at Pi-SunyerNaturlly.com under "The Mouse Project" and the 2017 mice at BackyardNaturally.net under "Mousekin and Friends".
Have to run. Duty calls. See you next week!